Tunable white, violet and multi-color LED solutions on show at LDI 2012
LED Engin, Inc., a leader in high lumen density LED products, will be demonstrating on Booth 2211 at LDI 2012 how its tunable white, violet and multi-color LED emitters deliver twice the lighting “punch” of rival products, at the same time reducing system size by 50%. This is achieved through compact emitters in which individual die are driven at up to 1.5A in multi-channel power packages. Individually addressable die provide maximum flexibility and control of effects, offering lighting fixture designers the opportunity to create light sources that deliver very high lux-on-target and precise beam control. Effective ‘in-source’ color mixing within the primary lenses of the emitters delivers high quality light and Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lenses are used to create tightly focussed spot beams down to 6 degrees. The emitters are ideal for distance lighting and for creating dynamic lighting effects with bold contrast on target. The primary optics accommodate a variety of secondary lenses, including flattops compatible with imaging and zoom optics.
LED Engin’s LuxiGen platform of compact emitters facilitate the lighting impact required in stage, studio and event lighting, particularly where spot beams, distance lighting effects and dynamic lighting scenarios are needed. The emitters generate much higher luminous flux density than competing products thanks to patented thermal management technology that allows dense configurations of LED die to be driven to high current levels without affecting service life or reliability.
LED Engin’s Marketing Manager, Quata Ocano, comments, “We see a growing adoption of LED solutions in the entertainment industry due primarily to the energy efficiency and increased service life over traditional tungsten solutions. Our goal at LED Engin is to go beyond these general benefits and give stage and studio lighting designers the maximum opportunity to demonstrate their creative skills. To do this, we’re continually developing more powerful, yet compact LED emitters that deliver the “punch” in entertainment lighting with greater light intensity, consistency, quality and control in a range of white and dynamic color-changing applications. There has never been a better time for lighting designers to fully embrace LED technology.”
LED Engin will be showcasing the following product solutions a LDI:
• LuxiTuneTM intelligent white emitter solutions that tune the color temperature from 1900K to 3000K with simple 0-10V input and inexpensive power supplies
• ViviLuxTM family of white emitters and TIR lenses with 2000 lumen and CRI 90 at Tj=100oC for typical use conditions and color temperatures tightly controlled within 2.5 MacAdam Ellipses
• UV emitters for striking blacklighting experiences
• Zoom optics compatible with compact, high density emitters
• Narrow beam optics at 8 degrees and 15 degrees for maximum Lux-on-Target and distance lighting applications
• Spotlighting and moving head solutions
• Architectural wall-washing effects with in-source color mixing for shortest mix distance
• Full range of TIR optic beam angles
LDI 2012 runs from 18-21 October at Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.