Philips Thailand Anticipates Sales to Soar in 2014

Rise in lighting demands are driving up global LED market sales. Philips Electronics (Thailand) anticipate substantial growth in sales for the lighting sector this year, according to The Nation. 

The LED market has already benefited from the ban on incandescent earlier this year. Lowering LED bulb prices are also attracting more consumers to make the switch to LEDs. 

LED bulb sales for Philips Electronics (Thailand) accounted for 17 percent of the company’s total light bulb market reaching BT 1.81 billion (US $55.8 million). Sales are anticipated to increase 7 percent this year to 24 percent. 

“The growth of the light-bulb market in Thailand is second only to that of Indonesia within South East Asia, and this market will continue to grow in the future because Thailand is the biggest producer of fluorescent light bulbs in the region," said Thankorn Wongwise, Philips GM for the lighting sector. 

Philips Electronics (Thailand) will open two more branches in Chiang Mai and Pattaya, making 11 total dealers in the country. 

Disclaimers of Warranties
1. The website does not warrant the following:
1.1 The services from the website meets your requirement;
1.2 The accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the service;
1.3 The accuracy, reliability of conclusions drawn from using the service;
1.4 The accuracy, completeness, or timeliness, or security of any information that you download from the website
2. The services provided by the website is intended for your reference only. The website shall be not be responsible for investment decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from use of the website or the information contained therein<
Proprietary Rights
You may not reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party, any materials contained on the services without the express prior written consent of the website or its legal owner.

Nichia’s Tunable 757 receives rave reviews from industry leaders, including the coveted LpS Best Sustainability Technology Award. Nichia, the leader in and inventor of the high-brightness LED, announced its game-changing single LES, tuna... READ MORE

Innovative tunable white, mid-power LED enables luminaire manufacturers to improve colour tuning, shrink optics and fixture profiles, while enabling new design options. Nichia, the leader in and inventor of the high-brightness LED, announces i... READ MORE