2017-03-28

Indian LED TV Market Heads for a Price War

Indian LED TV (LED backlight LCD TV) market is now bracing for a price war as global players and domestic makers have launched less pricier TV sets to secure market share in the Rs 22,000 crore (around US$ 3.4 billion) sector.
Continue reading
2017-02-21

Delight in Light Winner Is….

The winner of Delight in Light was announced on the 31st January 2017. The accolade of Lighting Designer 2015/2016 and prize money of £1,000 went to Jimin Jeon from Northumbria University for her task light entitled L0.
Continue reading
2015-04-01

LEDinside: Go Scale Capital's Acquisition of Lumileds to Transform Global LED Competition Landscape

On March 31, a consortium of investors led by GO Scale Capital announced they have bought LED manufacturer Philips Lumileds from its parent company Royal Philips. Under this agreement, GO Scale Capital will pay Royal Philips US$3.3 billion for an 80.1% stake in its automotive lighting and LED components business, and the remaining 19.9% stays under Royal Philips. The transaction is scheduled to wrap up in the third quarter of 2015, pending regulatory approval and ratification of transaction terms. Following the deal, the LED and automotive business will operate under the name “Lumileds”. 
Continue reading
2014-10-27

Samsung Exits Global LED Luminaire Market

Following LEDinside’s earlier report about Samsung Electronics plans of withdrawing from the LED luminaire market earlier this month, a recent report from South Korean media Dong-A Ilbo has offered further details.
Continue reading

NF2W585AR-P8 is a dual function LED that provides both white light and high doses of energy geared for inactivation of various prevalent bacteria. With a 405nm wavelength1 die known to be effective in sterilization, this LED can be used t... READ MORE

  The 5050 LED is replacing the 3535 LED, which has long been the leader in the outdoor lighting market. The existing ceramic-based 3535 has excellent reliability but is expensive. At present, the 5050 LED, which has achieved remarkable p... READ MORE