2015-03-31

Go Scale Capital Acquisition of Philips Lumileds Might Solve China LED Patent Issues

Over the past year, the LED industry had pondered about the company that would eventually take over Philips lighting component (Philips Lumileds) and automotive business. Go Scale Capital's acquisiton of Lumileds just might be the solution to Chinese manufacturers lack of LED patents, said LEDinside analysts.
Continue reading
2015-03-31

[Breaking News] GO Scale Capital Investment Consortium Leads 80.1% Acquisition of Philips Lumileds

GO Scale Capital, an investment fund sponsored by GSR Ventures and Oak Investment Partners has announced today that it will acquire an 80.1% interest in Philips' combined LED components and Automotive lighting business, with Philips retaining the remaining 19.9%* interest. The transaction values the business at an enterprise value of approximately USD 3.3 billion. The transaction is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2015, subject to closing conditions, including customary regulatory approvals.
Continue reading
2015-03-13

CVC and KKR in Lead for Acquiring Philips Lumileds

Private equity firms CVC and KKR have offered the highest bid for acquiring Philips lighting components business, a Reuters report cited three sources familiar with the matter saying.
Continue reading

Streetlights and high-bay fixtures require high flux and efficacy to meet the ever increasing demands for system efficiency and energy cost reduction for these applications. Today, LUXEON 5050 LEDs received an upgrade in both flux and efficacy... READ MORE

The recent outbreak of COVID-19 has prompted the large-scale search for practical solutions that can prevent the spread of the deadly virus — from researchers and scientists committed to finding a solution, to the manufacturers and consu... READ MORE