Macroblock Projects 2Q14 Sales to Grow 30 Percent

Macroblock anticipates LED lighting demands to grow, especially in the residential replacement lighting sector, said Chairman LC Yang at the company’s latest investor conference held on May 14, 2014. The company reported revenue of NT $457 million (US $15.1 million) for the first quarter of fiscal 2014. 

The LED driver IC manufacturer also reported that LED displays still made up a majority of the company’s product portfolio in 1Q14, accounting for 85 percent while the remaining 15 percent were LED lighting and system products (such as power management). 

Display demand after March has soared as the World Cup draws near. Visibility for large-scale orders is high and will act as a driver for 2Q14 revenue growth, said General Manager Chen Qikai. 

The company is optimistic its 2Q14 sales will increase more than 30 percent QoQ. Product portfolio adjustments led to increase proportion of LED lighting products. Focus will mainly be centered on promoting high-end display products and cost reduction. Macroblock is optimistic net profit will continue to increase into next year.  

Operating profit margin reached 7.22 percent. Net profit in 1Q14 reached NT $34.44 million (US $1.14 million), up 79 percent YoY, and  EPS was NT $1.05 compared to NT $0.59 percent in 2013.

Disclaimers of Warranties
1. The website does not warrant the following:
1.1 The services from the website meets your requirement;
1.2 The accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the service;
1.3 The accuracy, reliability of conclusions drawn from using the service;
1.4 The accuracy, completeness, or timeliness, or security of any information that you download from the website
2. The services provided by the website is intended for your reference only. The website shall be not be responsible for investment decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from use of the website or the information contained therein<
Proprietary Rights
You may not reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party, any materials contained on the services without the express prior written consent of the website or its legal owner.

Nichia’s Tunable 757 receives rave reviews from industry leaders, including the coveted LpS Best Sustainability Technology Award. Nichia, the leader in and inventor of the high-brightness LED, announced its game-changing single LES, tuna... READ MORE

Innovative tunable white, mid-power LED enables luminaire manufacturers to improve colour tuning, shrink optics and fixture profiles, while enabling new design options. Nichia, the leader in and inventor of the high-brightness LED, announces i... READ MORE