Everlight Ready to Enter Q3 Peak Season with Stable Performance in Q2

Taiwanese LED packaging company Everlight announced a fairly stable revenue of 2Q17. The company is said to have performed better than in 1Q17 and its sales of 2H17 is anticipated to outnumber that in 1H17. As the traditional peak season of this year is right around the corner, the overall demand, mainly for applications such as IR LED, interior and exterior automotive lighting and fine pitch displays, will soar. Yet, Everlight’s supply of conventional lighting and LED backlighting products will slump.

(Image: LEDinside)

As Everlight’s newly-built Tongluo plant started operating, its capacity for automotive lighting products continued to ramp up. Previous stats showed automotive lighting and other niche applications (lighting and LED backlights excluded) contributed to 40% of the overall supply. The proportion rose by 10% to 50% last year. It is expected to keep growing to 55-60% by the end of 2017 and the LED output for both automotive lighting products and fine pitch displays would also witness double-digit percentage growth.

Considering the seasonal business cycle, Everlight might have already passed through the slowest time of 2017, which is believed to be 1Q17. The finance was overall stable and it even slightly bounced back in 2Q17. Everlight contended the revenue in 2H17 will be 10% higher than that in 1H17, with the former (2H17) as 55% of 2017’s consolidated revenue and the latter (1H17) as 45%.

Everlight’s annual revenue in 2016 recouped by 1.7% YoY at NTD 29.3 billion (USD 963.2 million). Its 2016 earning per share (ESP); however, dropped by 3% YoY at NTD 4.13, in the main part because of the large amount of exchange gain in 2015.

In 1Q17, affected by the traditional slow season, Chinese New Year (Spring Festival) and the shift in China’s smartphone market, Everlight’s 1Q17 revenue declined by 12% QoQ (3% YoY) at NTD 6.718 billion (USD 220.8 million), with a gross margin of 24.09%.

Its earnings in May recuperated by 5.15% MoM (2.44% YoY) to NTD 2.368 billion (USD 77.85 million). The consolidated revenue of 1H17 (ended in May) stood at NTD 11.33 billion (USD 372.6 million), with a slide of 2.95% YoY. The 2Q17 revenue is reported to be slightly more than that in the first quarter.


Disclaimers of Warranties
1. The website does not warrant the following:
1.1 The services from the website meets your requirement;
1.2 The accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the service;
1.3 The accuracy, reliability of conclusions drawn from using the service;
1.4 The accuracy, completeness, or timeliness, or security of any information that you download from the website
2. The services provided by the website is intended for your reference only. The website shall be not be responsible for investment decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from use of the website or the information contained therein<
Proprietary Rights
You may not reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party, any materials contained on the services without the express prior written consent of the website or its legal owner.

Nichia’s Tunable 757 receives rave reviews from industry leaders, including the coveted LpS Best Sustainability Technology Award. Nichia, the leader in and inventor of the high-brightness LED, announced its game-changing single LES, tuna... READ MORE

Innovative tunable white, mid-power LED enables luminaire manufacturers to improve colour tuning, shrink optics and fixture profiles, while enabling new design options. Nichia, the leader in and inventor of the high-brightness LED, announces i... READ MORE