North Delhi to Install 2 Lakh LED Street Lights

A new wave of LED street lights installation has started across India. According to local media, North Delhi Municipal Corporation has decided to replace over two lakh (200,000) traditional streetlights with LED lighting across its six zones. There are around 250,000 streetlights in these areas, including park lights and semi High-mast lighting.
 
(Photo: Wikipedia)
 
This is one of the largest street lighting replacement schemes in India. Starting from 2016, South Corporation has already replaced about a similar number of street lights across south Delhi. Energy efficiency has always been the main focus of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
 
Currently, the corporation has to pay a whopping INR 45 million (around USD 676,000) per month on energy bills. In addition, traditional light bulbs contribute to a large carbon footprint, which is a major obstacle to the country’s effort toward a cleaner environment. Study shows that LED lighting can bring about 64.44% savings in energy consumption.
 
According to local officials, the corporation does not have to make any initial investment as it has signed a deal with a private company for the program. The firm will take 79% of the total money saved on energy cost, while the corporation will take the rest 21%.

Under the agreement, the firm will do all the maintenance work for seven years and cover all related costs, officials said.
 
Disclaimers of Warranties
1. The website does not warrant the following:
1.1 The services from the website meets your requirement;
1.2 The accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the service;
1.3 The accuracy, reliability of conclusions drawn from using the service;
1.4 The accuracy, completeness, or timeliness, or security of any information that you download from the website
2. The services provided by the website is intended for your reference only. The website shall be not be responsible for investment decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from use of the website or the information contained therein<
Proprietary Rights
You may not reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party, any materials contained on the services without the express prior written consent of the website or its legal owner.

Nichia’s Tunable 757 receives rave reviews from industry leaders, including the coveted LpS Best Sustainability Technology Award. Nichia, the leader in and inventor of the high-brightness LED, announced its game-changing single LES, tuna... READ MORE

Innovative tunable white, mid-power LED enables luminaire manufacturers to improve colour tuning, shrink optics and fixture profiles, while enabling new design options. Nichia, the leader in and inventor of the high-brightness LED, announces i... READ MORE