LG’s TV Market Strategy in Taiwan

(Author: Judy Lin, Chief Editor, LEDinside)

LG showcased its latest 4K OLED TVs to be launched in Taiwan earlier today, but these innovative TVs are not going to be their new major revenue source yet, said senior company executives during a press conference at The Humble Hotel in Taipei, Taiwan earlier Tuesday.

“We plan to promote OLED TVs in 2016, but have not set particular revenue goals for the new TV yet”, said Frankie Chen, Marketing Assistant Manager, LG Electronics Taiwan Taipei.

OLED TVs is expected to make up 10% of total TV revenues, while 4K TVs (including LCD and quantum dot TV) is expected to contribute the remaining 90% revenue share, said Peter Lo, CE Sales Department, Vice President, LG Electronics Taiwan.

The Korean consumer electronics conglomerate is prioritizing 4K TV in Taiwan where it projects to grab 50% market share (based on revenue), and where it estimates the high definition TV will make up 70% of its revenue share, added Chen.

“We aim to grab at least 27% market share (volume based) in the 4K TV sector in 2016, and aim to become the top player in the 4K TV sector” said Sang Kyun Kim.

As of April 2016, 4K TVs amount to about 30% market share in Taiwan, but by fourth quarter of 2016 LG projects it will reach 50%, said Chen.

Disclaimers of Warranties
1. The website does not warrant the following:
1.1 The services from the website meets your requirement;
1.2 The accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the service;
1.3 The accuracy, reliability of conclusions drawn from using the service;
1.4 The accuracy, completeness, or timeliness, or security of any information that you download from the website
2. The services provided by the website is intended for your reference only. The website shall be not be responsible for investment decisions, damages, or other losses resulting from use of the website or the information contained therein<
Proprietary Rights
You may not reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party, any materials contained on the services without the express prior written consent of the website or its legal owner.

TSLC Corporation, a subsidiary of SemiLEDs, launched sampling of its tri-color Mini LED series, targeted to provide LED display manufacturers with surface-mounting (SMT) compatible devices. The first product in the tri-color multi pixel series... READ MORE

The German chemistry giant BASF has revealed its development of dark automotive paint colors that are reflective to LiDAR for enhancing the detecting function of autonomous cars. LiDAR plays a critical role to the development of autonomous veh... READ MORE